Campground Rules & Regulations
Ensuring the safety and enjoyment of all campers
Thank you for choosing to stay at Wolf’s Den Family Campground. We are happy to have you as our guests. The following rules are intended to provide an enjoyable family camping experience for you and your neighbors. Parents are advised to inform their children of these rules and are responsible for their supervision. Violation of these rules could mean early departure without a refund. Regulations can be modified at any time.
- Payment for weekend reservations is due within 2 weeks of the date the reservation is made. Payment in full is expected at the time the reservation is made if there are less than 2 weeks until check-in.
- Reservations for a week or a month require a 50% deposit within 2 weeks of the date the reservation is made unless there are less than 2 weeks until check-in. If there are less than 2 weeks until check-in, the total amount is required.
Camping rates are per family (two adults and their children under 18 living at home). Camping sites include cable and wifi. No sewer on sites. Free dump station on-premises. No tents allowed.
- 7-day notice is required for refunds.
- No refunds due to inclement weather.
- All transactions are subject to a convenience fee.
Check-in & Check-out are at 3:00PM
We offer early check-in and late check-out. Please call ahead for site availability and fees.
Please inform your guests that all visitors must stop and register at the office and park in the visitor’s parking lot. A visitor’s fee is charged for daily visitors, and an additional fee is charged for overnight visitors. Daily visitors must leave at quiet hours. Maximum of one camping unit per site. Fee required for any additional unit. An adult member of the camper’s family must be on the site at all times the site is in use. Visitors are asked to please leave their pets at home.
- All vehicles must have a campground ID visible, whether it is a seasonal sticker or a camping pass. Only one camping unit per site is permitted without permission.
- Two registered camper’s cars per site are allowed. Gate cards are non-transferrable. Guests must park in the visitor’s lot. Park at your own risk only. There is a 5 MPH speed limit throughout the campground.
- Sunday – Thursday 10:00PM – 8:00AM
- Friday – Saturday 11:00PM – 8:00AM
- All children must be on their sites with a parent by quiet hours.
- No sound from sites should be heard off-site.
Campground Pet Rules:
- Pets must be on a short leash at all times and are to remain on a strong, durable chain or rope that will not allow the pet to extend off the site in any direction.
- Pets should never be left unattended.
- All pet droppings shall be the pet owner’s responsibility and must be removed immediately.
- All pets should have proper papers for vaccinations to be presented to the campground owner upon request.
- If any pet is creating a disturbance or being a nuisance, the pet shall be immediately removed per the manager’s request.
- No more than 2 pets per site are allowed.
- Visitors’ dogs are not permitted.
- Children shall not be allowed to walk pets.
- No pets are allowed in the recreational hall, pavilions, playgrounds, bathrooms, or swimming areas. Accommodations will be made for service animals.
- Any pet bites must be presented to staff immediately. Any pet bites will result in the removal of the pet.
- Build fires in fireplaces only. Do not move fireplaces.
- Never leave a fire burning when you leave your campsite or before retiring. Firewood is for sale at the camp store. Please do not remove firewood from other sites. Keep a hose or bucket with water nearby in case of emergency.
All sites have gray water only. 2 free dump stations or honey wagon service for $23 on scheduled day. Never put septic into gray water pipes. Blue boy tanks can never be left connected, and they must have tightly sealed caps at all times. Outside shower can only be used as a foot wash. Soap is not allowed.
Please bring your trash to the dumpsters located near the campground entrance. We recycle; use the appropriate containers. Trash/recyclables need to be kept in sealed containers or removed. No receptacles (such as buckets, wagons, etc.) can be used to collect and hold stagnant water. Please put it upside down or under cover.
Incoming calls for campers to the office phones should be limited to emergencies only. An emergency phone is outside the main office by the end of the handicap ramp. Instructions for its use are located next to the phone.
Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No pets, except service animals, are allowed in the store or recreation hall. Children 10 and under are not permitted in the recreation hall after 8:00PM without parents. No hard liquor in the recreation hall. Bike riding, skateboards, and rollerblading are prohibited in the recreation hall and pavilion.
Weapons and firearms of any kind, including but not limited to airguns, B.B. guns, and slingshots, are absolutely not allowed in the campground.
Motorcycles and Mopeds
It may be driven from your campsite to Town Street only. Joyriding in the campground is not permitted. Power-driven riding toys for any age are not permitted in the campground. Golf carts are not permitted in the campground.
Property Damage to Campground
You will be asked to leave if you, your children, or your guests vandalize our property or hack, cut, or drive nails or screws into trees, buildings, or picnic tables. In addition, children are not allowed to use knives or hatchets unless supervised by an adult.
Sheds, Fences, or Decks
Sheds, fences, and decks are not to be erected at campsites without permission from the campground. Likewise, bushes or trees are not to be trimmed without permission.
Artificial grass is not allowed on “real grass” sites.
Clotheslines are not permitted at campsites.
Check the Activities Board outside the camp store for planned activities and events or any schedule changes. Scheduled activities may change without notice. Athletic equipment is available at the camp store. This equipment must be signed out. Some items require a deposit.
Your safety and enjoyment during your stay are important to us. Please note that we do not permit the following at the campground:
- Fireworks or sparklers, even “legal” ones
- Beer or wine kegs
- Skateboards or scooters
- Gasoline or electric chainsaws for firewood
- Loud bug zappers
Do not climb or play on boulders along the edge of campsites. These boulders act as a barrier along drop-offs and embankments. Please use caution.
Bike Rules: Subject to CT bicycle laws
- We highly recommend the use of bike helmets at all times.
- Parents must instruct their children in proper safety procedures before riding and provide proper supervision.
- Please ride with caution.
- No speeding or reckless riding. The campground speed limit is 5 MPH. Cars always have the right-of-way.
- No riding bicycles after dark.
- No riding on steps or the back hills. No riding near or under the traffic control gate.
- Park bicycles in the racks near the game room at the bike owner’s own risk. Do not park bikes in front of the recreation hall, store, or doorways.
- Do not use speed bumps as ramps.
- One person at a time on a bicycle.
- If you ride your bike in the campground, you must agree that staff may place your bike in a secure “bike jail” for failure to follow bicycle rules. A parent will need to retrieve the bike from staff.
Pool Rules: No lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk.
- No running.
- No diving.
- All children under 14 must be supervised by an adult.
- No horseplay.
- No pets are allowed in the pool area.
- No food or drinks in glass containers in the pool area
- Water in plastic containers is acceptable.
- No smoking in the pool area.
- No inner tubes or inflatable flotation devices other than armbands and pool noodles are permitted.
- The use of small toy/inflatable pools is permitted if used only short-term. Children must be supervised by parents at all times while the pool is in use, and the pools are never to be left unattended with water in them.
- An emergency phone is outside the main office by the end of the handicap ramp.
- The pool is open from 10:00AM – 8:00PM (seasonally, weather permitting)
No swimming in the pond.
Emergency Phone is located outside the office by the woodshed.
- The management reserves the right to remove, at our sole discretion, without refund, any person or persons who violate our camp rules. If you are asked to leave for any reason by the management of the campground, you must do so immediately or accept that you will be treated as a trespasser by the appropriate local authorities.
- Camping has inherent risks associated with outside activities. We are not responsible for injuries or damages occurring as part of the inherent risks of any camping environment. All campers must maintain insurance; your units are not covered by the campground’s insurance.
- Anyone using these facilities must do so with the understanding that the campground is provided as a recreational facility only, and it may not be used as a primary residence.
- The campground is under constant video surveillance. You agree to provide photo identification at any time if requested by staff or face immediate removal from the property.